- Wellness Symposium
October 7, 2019
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Practice Program of the Northern District of California invites you to its first Wellness Symposium. The Symposium will provide an interactive forum to hear from lawyers with diverse perspectives and learn wellness challenges that experienced counsel have faced while creating a space for all attendees to discuss the complexities of practicing and maintaining mental and physical health.
The program will start at 5 pm and will last two hours. It will be followed by a one hour catered reception. Attendance at the Symposium is eligible for one hour of specialized credit in Competency Issues, and one hour of general credit. Please note it may take some time to get through security.
October 7, 2019 — Phillip Burton Federal Building & United States Courthouse, 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, in the Ceremonial Courtroom on the 19th floor.
- Richard Carlton (Facilitator)
- Rudhir Krishtel (Facilitator)
- Monika Kalra Varma, Executive Director, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the S.F. Bay Area
- Jessica Valenzuela Santamaria, Partner at Cooley LLP
- Esha Bandyopadhyay, Partner at Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Iain Cunningham, Vice President, Intellectual Property and Cybersecurity, NVIDIA
COST: $40 General Admission; $20 for CJA and non-profit attorneys; free for government attorneys.
MCLE: 2.0 hour (1 hour Competency; 1 hour general). The Northern District of California Practice Program is a State Bar of California Approved Provider. Please check the Northern District Practice Program website for materials before attending the session; hard copy materials will not be provided.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Year, Let’s Invest In Lawyer Resiliency (Law360) (.pdf)
- Reframing Vulnerability in the Legal Profession (PD Quarterly) (.pdf)
- To Young Lawyers on Practicing Mindfulness (GPSolo) (.pdf)
- Frazzled or Focused: How to cope with the unique challenges of legal practice (.pdf)